Board Meeting – February 4, 2024

Call to order @ 7:05

Previous meeting notes: Correct Brian Connolly’s name.

Action Items:

  • Neil will be auditing Chordsmen books
  • Zach H needs to email Zach G a W9 form
  • Steve will followup with Eric Maine this coming Tuesday
  • Will will gather opinions on a new Chordsmen suit outfit. Goal: comfortable, accurate to Chordsmen brand, relatively cheap (<$100)
  • Steve will give the survey questions to Kimball
  • Sid will followup with the Pastor to confirm there isn’t another event
  • Dave and Shad will address the 4th riser issue once it gets a little warmer
  • Dave will make up a responsibilites of Music VPs so he can convince a replacement 🙂

Financial Report:

  • The password for online banking got a little jumbled, so no financial report during this meeting.
  • Banquet went smoothly, various reimbursements, Zach’s dues+payments.
  • Two corrections came from Dennis to move some stuff from Operating Funds to Youth Festival.
  • Neil will be auditing Chordsmen books – AI
  • Zach H needs to email Zach G a W9 form – AI


  • Eric has been approached by Steve, sounds like Eric is hesitant due to being overcommitted.
  • Steve will follup with Eric Maine this coming Tuesday


  • Kimball is gonna be recording soon for digital valentines
  • Digital marketing stuff has been acquired from John Curtis
  • Newsletters have gone out for Valentines, Facebook posts have gone out… Only sold 4 so far.
  • Emmett high school: We’ll be singing with the high school (at the middle school). This whole show will have ticket sales handles via our website. Kimball is handling. We won’t be keeping any of the money, just cut them a check at the end after credit card feeds.
    • Choir, orchestra, and band will be doing about two songs. We will be doing more than that to balance out the show.
  • Restructuring the board: we will vote this Tuesday to add the Member at Large spot (1 this year, another next year, total of 2 for 2025 onward) and add Grant Writer position. Suggest we vote to fill the spots this Tuesday as well.

Grant Writing:

  • Looking at the full $50k for Youth Festival this year from Morrison.
  • Pending 2025 AIC grant, we’re strong contenders.
  • Dennis had a nice printout to show what we have.

Music Team

  • Annual Show: June 8th is a tentative, Sid will followup with the Pastor to confirm there isn’t another event.
  • Motion to allow Music Team to spend money on new tracks for Heritage Medley. Moved and passed.


  • Aaron wasn’t present, nothing discussed.

New outfit stuff:

  • Kimball checked out the Boise Tuxedo Shop and they’re quite efficient! On Eagle near Wingers. They could handle big orders if we wanted to do vests n such. (They handle lots of the highschool bands n stuff around here).
    • Discussion: we may wait until after international to re-do our suits.
  • Youth Festival Grant could greatly help with this kinda stuff. Especially T-Shirts.
  • We should consider polos. Golf shirt kinda stuff.

Quartet Extravaganza:

  • Looking at last two weekends of August timeframe
  • Ken is in contact with QCED to get coaches

Adjourned at 8:30